Saturday, October 23, 2010

Well how about that?

The Giants won the pennant. 

I'll say this:  if someone had come to me and said, "Pick your 2 World Series teams from the 4 teams playing in the respective League Championship Series.  If you get 1 right, we'll give you a thousand dollars.  If you get two right, we'll give you ten thousand dollars.  If you get none right, you owe five grand.  Take the bet?" 

I'd have taken that bet. 

And I'd have been out five grand. 

Congratulations to the Giants and the Rangers.  I'm looking forward to the World Series.  Of course, this means that a new fan base will get a championship in my lifetime.  That leaves 10 after this year.  There will only be 10 teams in the Major Leagues who have not won the World Series in my lifetime after this year. 

How come one of them has to be my team?
P'raps if the Cubs signed this 42 year old rookie phenom who can't throw and can't run to be their catcher - the curse would be over....

No comments:

Post a Comment