Friday, October 22, 2010

I used to wonder

How people dealt with attention-giving and having more than one child. 

I was told it would just sort of happen when the time came. 

I hate it when everybody else is right. 

It's amazing.  It's like a seventh sense (my sixth sense is when someone is bullshitting me). 

Last night, I came home, and the 14 month old greeted me at the bottom of the basement stairs with a baseball.  He and I play "catch" with it.  So, it was Brady time.  Barrett was busy on the Wii, didn't really need anything more than a "Hi Barrett" from me, and away we went.  A short while later, Barrett was clamoring for me and Brady was content.  So, now Barrett got the focus.  It was totally subconscious.  Then, a short while later, I was conscious.  I looked at myself (I live a pretty examined life) and said, "Hmmmph.  You've found time for both kids.  You haven't done anything conscious, yet here are both children, getting attention from their daddy.  How about that?  You've done something right, without even knowing it.  Just like EVERYBODY SAID YOU WOULD.

Lesson learned. 

No comments:

Post a Comment