Thursday, October 21, 2010

My wife...

...is nicknamed "Little Bunter."  There's a reason for it. 

My wife is 5'1".  I'm a foot taller.  That's not the reason though. 

When Amy and I first started dating, I was talking about baseball or some such nonsense, and she talked about her own Little League career.  She exclaimed "I couldn't hit, but I was a great little bunter!" 

Something about the words "Little" and "Bunter" just seemed so perfect together to describe her, that I bestowed upon her the nickname right then and there.  Bunter sounds like some sort of British idiom, and it makes me laugh to no end.  It has stuck. 

We have two children.  Barrett - or "Littler Bunter" and Brady - or "Littlest Bunter."  There isn't going to be another Littler Bunter, so Brady gets the "est." 

Now you know, and knowing is half the battle. 

No comments:

Post a Comment