Friday, October 22, 2010

Only 3 left

Now that it looks like the Rangers are going to win the ALCS and move on to the World Series...

that means the total number of teams I haven't seen play in the World Series is 3...the Nationals/Expos, the Mariners and the Cubs. 

And one of those is MY team. 

In 2005, it was all I could take to watch the Series.  Not because I'm anti-White Sox....but because neither team had played in the World Series in my lifetime.  One of them was guaranteed to win, and another fan base was going to be celebrating, while I had memories of 2003 fresh in my head. 

This year, if the Giants win...that means ANOTHER fan base is going to be happy this year.  Ugh. 

As depressing as the "3" is....at least there are still 11 teams that haven't won the Series in my lifetime.  They are:  the Rays; the Indians; the Rangers; the Mariners; the Nationals/Expos; the Brewers; the Astros; the Giants; the Rockies; the Padres and the Cubs. 

Still.  That "3" is just killing me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment