Monday, October 18, 2010

Getting up to speed....

OK.  This blog thing not working at home is a HUGE problem.  I haven't taken the time to sift through every setting on this yet, so I have to do that. 

In the meantime....how's Monday?

To continue with the overall baseball theme...The Cubs have Ronnie Woo Woo.  He's annoying as hell.  I've had the pleasure (all irony intended) of sitting next to him briefly during a game in 2001.  I've run into Ronnie nearly every damned time I'm at the game. 

For years, the New York Yankees had Freddy.  As in "Freddy Sez."  He was a fan like Ronnie Woo Woo who just kind of made his way around the stadium, banging on his frying pan and holding a sign.  In 2008, when I made the trip to old Yankee Stadium, he was there as we watched the Yanks dismantle the Rays.  He popped up to our section and I took a photo.  As much as I loathe Ronnie Woo Woo, there is something about these guys that just screams "Baseball."  They are so uniquely tied to the teams who really want nothing to do with them....

Anyway - Freddy Sez died over the weekend.  There's a nice article about him here.

My photo of "Freddy Sez" - Sept. 14, 2008

1 comment:

  1. weird that you took this photo on 9/14 and you posted it at 9:14 AM. There's some other significance to 9-14 but it escapes me.

    ReplyDelete