Wednesday, October 27, 2010

It's booked

Had some really wonderful conversations with people in Boston today. 

Oh yeah.  Earlier today, I booked a trip to Boston to watch the Cubs play the Red Sox in Fenway Park. 

As I've said more than a few times here, I'm going to go to every MLB park before I die.  The Cubs are playing the Red Sox in Boston for the first time since 1918 next May.  I'd decided as soon as I heard it that this was how I was going to see a game at Fenway. 

Today, I booked the hotel, the flights, and the reservation at the Chocolate Bar at the Langham Hotel.

As a little bit of background, Amy and I enjoy watching the Travel Channel's specials on all the great places to eat around the country.  I've been to a number of them as I make my way around the US on these ballpark trips.  Amy fell in love with the idea of the Chocolate Buffet.  I guess they even have chocolate soup.  It was brought up at that time that there was no way I was going to Boston without her.  So....

Amy and I are going to Boston.  Me for baseball, her for chocolate soup.  Oddly enough, we both get to enjoy the other's activity.  Win.  Win.  While we're there, we'll swing by and do the tour of Fenway, hit the Freedom Trail, and, after further discussion tonight, we're probably going to skip an additional day of work and just enjoy our time away from home one more day.  We haven't been away just the two of us in a while.  It will be nice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment