Wednesday, October 20, 2010

That magical time

I know it drives my wife up the wall.  I LOVE having our 14 month old fall asleep on me. 

He's been in a phase where going in his crib makes him sad.  And by sad, I mean SCREAMING.  He's coming out of it, and the last 2 weeks have been better, but we took to taking him into our room, laying him on the bed next to us (me), giving him his bottle, and watching TV with him 'til he goes to sleep.  It takes about half an hour or so, and I really enjoy the time. 

Tonight, just as he was ready to nod off, Brady looks over at me and just starts smiling.  Then giggling.  I gently admonished him, then watched as he fell asleep.  My wife came up a short time later, and asked me to move him to his crib while she took a shower.  I didn't.  Know why? 

Because in about 3 years, there's no way a night like tonight will happen.  He'll be a big boy, and won't want to have much to do with looking at me and smiling.  For no reason. 

I just wanted to hold him.  Of course, I couldn't say that.  Instead, I had to sit there and look like I just didn't care about what she had asked me. 

He's in his crib now, and I'm here writing about it. 

Ah well.  At least we had that moment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment