Friday, January 21, 2011

Baseball stadia and the critic in me....

Actual picture of an actual wedding.
I've been reviewing Chicago Steakhouses (each one of those blue words is a separate link) here, and it's been a lot of fun looking forward to getting to go to some of these places.  February 12th can't get here fast enough for the trip to Gibson's.  I'm actually going to (2) on the list in March - Morton's for my birthday, and Wildfire as a dinner before an evening of theatre at the Lookingglass.  I'm only reviewing Wildfire.  I'm saving Morton's for our anniversary month (October). 

I'm getting off my point. 

As you may know, I'm a bit of a critic.  I am opinionated.  I'm vocal.  Fuck it.  I'm a fucking critic.  It's what I do. 

As you also may know, I've talked exhaustively about baseball and baseball stadia. 

Let's hope Barrett and Brady get better care
than this.
So.  I'm going to start a series of reviews of the stadia I've attended.  Some are going to be sketchy, and some of the places don't exist anymore, but I'm putting it out there for you.  Well.  For me, really.  This is my diary.  Maybe someday my sons will read it, and say "Fuck, Dad said "Fuck" a lot more than I thought he did.  Plus, he wrote all this stuff about where he went.  That therapist bill for neglect is easily explained by this." 

So, starting sometime this month, I'll be posting, at random times, my thoughts on the stadia where I've attended Major League Ballgames.

As batting practice:  here's a link to a bunch of quotes I sent in to Yahoo! during their failed series: Big League Stew's Big Ballpark Review

Hope you enjoy my wit in the Yahoo! thing.  I really hate Wrigley Field.  Mostly.  I'll write that one first.

No comments:

Post a Comment