Friday, December 17, 2010

You know....

I've been thinking a lot about steak today. 

I've come up with the list.  Over the next 12 months, at the rate of 1 per month, I will be reviewing the following Chicago Steakhouses:

1.  N9NE
2.  Gene & Georgetti
3.  Chicago Chop House
4.  Gibson's
5.  Morton's
6.  Keefer's
7.  Benny's Chop House
8.  Rosebud Steakhouse
9.  David Burke's Primhouse
10.  Wildfire (Lettuce Entertain You)
11.  Tramonto's
12.  Fogo De Chao
13.  BONUS APPETIZER REVIEW FOR DECEMBER - Joe's Seafood, Prime Steak & Stone Crab

Some qualifiers.  I really had a hard time making this list.  I tried to limit to 10.  I could get to 11 by limiting the list to only Chicago based (no Ruth's Chris, Palm, Smith & Wollensky's, Shula's, Captial Grille) places.  (And Harry Caray's got cut in that process)  I thought about eliminating Wildfire, but I decided I needed a more "chain-y" kinda place (Morton's is too - but I'll be damned if that place feels like a chain), and since Wildfire is a Lettuce Entertain You restaurant, it stayed. 

I was flummoxed.  I settled on a list of 12 with an appetizer.  I chose Fogo as the 12th restaurant, even though it did not originate anywhere near Chicago, and is a very big chain, because....they serve you meat until you tell them to stop.  I repeat.  They serve you meat until you TELL them to stop.  That's a must visit in my book. 

The 13th is an out of town chain, but it is a place we frequent downtown.  I decided to include it because there are only 3 locations nationwide.  Joe's made the list.  Plus, I can write that review without spending more money there.  Bam.  It's on the list. 

So it's decided.  My great expedition into the steakhouses of Chicago is set for 2011.

I look forward to this. 
Meat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment