Thursday, August 25, 2011

It's almost here....

I believe this is where my seats are.  Nice view.






....and I'm getting giddy.

Next Friday I'm headed (with my reluctant wife) to Kansas City and St. Louis for Baseball Pilgrimage 2011 pt. 2:  Kansas City and St. Louis.  We're seeing 2 games in KC and a game in St. Lou.   Combine that with my trip to Miller Park on Sunday (with my reluctant wife), and that's 4 Major League games in 8 days. 

When I was a kid, I loved 2 teams.  The Cubs, obviously, and the KC Royals.  I'm not sure why I gravitated to them, probably because they were perennial runner ups in the American League, losing to the Yankees almost every year in the ALCS.  Plus, how can you not love George Freaking Brett? 

Kauffman Stadium was built back in the early 70's.  It was one of several stadiums built in that era, but it was the only one that wasn't a dome, or a multi-purpose stadium.  It was a baseball only facility.  In 2009, over a quarter billion dollars was dumped into major renovations.  It is absolutely beautiful from what I understand, and I'm giddy with anticipation. 

Oh yeah, and I get to see new Busch Stadium too.  I saw that while it was being built.  That one is exciting, but I really am looking forward to Kauffman. 


Seriously.  How cool does that place look?

No comments:

Post a Comment