Thursday, August 4, 2011

A brief word on Sir Paul McCartney...

...this past Sunday, I saw Paul perform at Wrigley Field.  It was my third Macca concert, and the reason that I went was to take Barrett, so that when he's of proper age, he can say "I.  Saw.  A.  Beatle.  Live." 

Daddy and son wait for Sir Paul to take the stage.
The show was amazing. 

I've been humming "The Long and Winding Road" in my head since.  It has always been one of my favorite songs, because it is so musically...pure.  Paul's vocal is heartbreakingly simple, melodic, tonal, just fucking amazing.  Plus, you tie in the whole "greatest band ever breaking up" thing into it...it seems like such a great song.

Know what? 

The lyrics suck. 

Dammit. 


Paul performing "The Long and Winding Road" at Wrigley Field
July 31, 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment