Wednesday, April 13, 2011

I am pulling rank....

....because this is MY blog.  A good number of you have been reading my blogposts every month about my steakhouses.  I appreciate it.

The list of steakhouses I chose was based on these two lists.  I culled the best of each list, or at least the ones that looked most appealing

I'm making a change.  I'm cutting Tramonto's and substituting Chicago Cut Steakhouse.  Why?  I really don't need to explain it, because this is my toy, and I can play with it how I choose.  But.....being the bleeding heart almost liberal I am, I will.

1.  Tramonto's is in Wheeling.  We have eaten at two places out of Chicago proper (Gibsons in Rosemont and Morton's in Naperville), but both places have their roots in the city.  We ate there for convenience.  So.  There are lots of fine steakhouses in the suburbs.  There is one in Geneva called FoxFire, where Amy and I celebrated our first anniversary.  There are others around.  Visitors from out of town are not headed to the suburbs to go out to eat.  I'm not going to start reviewing suburban places...because I'll be in the poor house by then.  So.  I'm pulling the city snob card.

2.  The menu at Tramonto's doesn't appear to appeal to the steak lover.  The menu is limited.  There are steaks, but they don't appear to be "steaks" like we carnivores are used to eating.  On the one hand, trying new things has become appealing, but the only steak that looks good on this menu is peppercorn crusted.  I don't want that

3.  Amy and I thoroughly enjoy getting to go somewhere swanky and citified once a month.  Chicago Cut seems to appeal to that. 

So there.  I've made a switch.  Hope it doesn't alienate any of you loyal readers.  My guess is you were probably not going to Tramonto's anyway. 

Yours in meat....
Randy

Meat.  Meat.  Meat.

No comments:

Post a Comment