Thursday, April 14, 2011

Two weeks in....

...and the baseball season is proving to be perplexing as hell. 

I'm making my observations here.  Nothing profound.  No links today.

The Cubs may never lose 3 in a row.  They may never win 3 in a row either.  That does not bode well for the idea of playoffs.  Win streaks are what put teams in the playoffs.  I don't see the Cubs being able to do that.

The White Sox's bullpen troubles are beyond ludicrous.  Therefore, they will get better.  There is simply no way they can be that bad the entire season.

The Indians are going to fall to Earth.  As are the Royals.  And the Twins will be better.

Albert Pujols will probably hit .300 and have at least 35 home runs.  Because that's what Albert Pujols does.

The Red Sox will win the AL East.  The Yankees' pitching simply will not be good enough.

I'm looking forward to seeing any Phillies game this year.

I'm not sure about the Giants.  But the rest of that division blows. 

The Rangers are scary good.  And a lot of 3rd base coaches seem to be making bad decisions.

I am going to love Kauffman Stadium in KC. 

I'm going to see Fenway and hate Wrigley even more.  I know it. 

Nothing is decided in the first 2 weeks of the season.  But lots of things can be decided BECAUSE of the first 2 weeks. 

Buck Showalter deserves a raise.  Since he took over, the Orioles have had the best record in the AL East by like 5 games.  That's crazy.  That team is not that good.  They just aren't. 

I'm going to hate when this season is over.  Just like I hate it every other year.

1 comment:

  1. How can you hate Wrigley field?! It may not be all modern - but it's Chicago. Tradition. Heritage. It's a sacrilege not to love Wrigley field. It's what make Chicago special - like Marshall Field's and the Sears Tower. Oh, hell.

    ReplyDelete