Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Ugh.

I've been busy lately. 

This past weekend we went to Grizzly Jack's Grand Bear Lodge in Utica, across the road from Starved Rock.  It was a nice enough place.  Kinda depressing to go to a seasonal resort out of season.  Not a whole lot of people there.  Not that I'm complaining about that, mind you, because I generally dislike crowds of people, but it always bugs me when things that should be crowded are not. 

I'm a sensitive soul. 

We took a brief hike in Starved Rock.  I was reminded just how out of shape I am when I had to carry Brady up and down the stairs that lead from the Lodge to the actual Starved Rock.  By the last staircase, I was carrying him in front of me, not on my hip, and just hoping I didn't drop dead on the spot. 

I've got to correct that.  Sooner than later. 

I just wish I didn't like food so damned much. 

Ah well. 

Oh, and congratulations to the San Francisco Giants.  They completed the World Series victory last night, and ended my misery when it comes to playoff prognositcations in 2010.  I don't think I had but 2 of the 7 series right the whole postseason.  That's not a real good average. 

So, as I said on Facebook, since I'm this cold...I predict the Cubs will suck to high heaven next year and not even come close to winning the division, let alone the World Series. 

No comments:

Post a Comment